The candidate shall provide system administration for the NIWC Pacific Business Applications environment. This environment contains Oracle Databases and web applications monitored by SPLUNK.
This support includes but is not limited to:
• Install/upgrade/configure Linux virtual servers to comply with HBSS and DISA STIG requirements.
• Review system vulnerability scans, analyze results, patch or mitigate vulnerabilities, and document compliance in the CeDAR dashboard.
• Monitor system disk space usage, performance, memory usage, auditing, and log files, email alerts, and data source interfaces.
• Plan and execute backup and recovery procedures.
• Troubleshoot and resolve system issues
• Assist infrastructure Lead with Business Application Environment migration to Navy RDT&E AWS clould environment.
• CSWF IAT II compliant for Linux RHEL 7.
• Experience with Linux shell/bash scripting.
• Experience wih Cyber Security policies, DISA STIGS and CeDAR.
• Experience with Apache an SPLUNK.
This position is onsite in San Diego, CA.
- General Experience: Ten (10) years of experience of Linux system administration, as well as understanding of network technologies and web server administration.
- Specialized Experience: Expertise in support, maintenance, and administration of Linux OS.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a Technical major; IT, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
Must be a US Citizen and possess an active secret clearance.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
GovSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
GovSG participates in E-Verify.